Learn how to implement affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is presented in two facets:
1) Pay Per Lead (PPL): Affiliates receive money upon getting a browser to a site where they enter their contact details
2) Pay Per Sale (PPS): Affiliates receive commissions from the sale of a product or service marketed by the affiliate. Affiliates deal with the marketing, while the shipping, storage, manufacturing, etc. are all implemented by the selling party. Products can be anything from various services to subscriptions to electrical equipment.
Both affiliate methods are effective, while some affiliates enjoy PPL because it is free for the prospect to earn the affiliate a commission, while other advertisers like PPS because it vcan target a nice market, creating high value sales.
Selecting the niche and products is the biggest and hardest steps in effective affiliate marketing. Research was to find a good niche:
- Ask friends and family what they think people are buying
- Ask retail stores to find out what is selling
- Research Amazon and eBay to see what people are purchasing
- Look in magazines and see what companies are advertising
Find a good niche, and research profitable keywords, the key is to try to focus on specific phrases.
For example, using “how to build a tree house” would be a better keyword than “tree house”. Narrowing your market using more specific key phrases, the better the success of your page and the higher it will be ranked.
Find good phrase combinations using Googles free keyword tool by entering words that relate well to your product and services, and use the various combinations Google provides with relatively low competition.
Use two main ways to implement the marketing: article marketing and PPC.
Article marketing is free, but very labor intensive, and a great way to begin because article marketing does not cost money to maintain, only to set up.
PPC has many advantages, when it is configured and optimised for great ranking it does not require maintenance, however it can be very difficult trying to determine what works and what does not, as each ad has to be paid for for each click.
Those are the basics of affiliate marketing, should you have any question please contact us, we would love to provide you a affiliate marketing service.