Founder and managing director of Intoweb Design and Intoweb Business Solutions, Darren Harris, is well placed to be at the head of one of the leading web companies in South Africa today.
He attained his BSc Eng in electrical engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand in 1994. He originally worked on architecture software for a French telecommunications company before taking a job at Internet Solutions where he spent some years innovating the fields of e-commerce.
In 1999 he decided to start his own company designing a website for the Gauteng Tourism Agency. The success of this endeavour allowed him to register Intoweb in 1999. Starting with just five people with the aim to create innovative websites, he went on to design sites for Porsche and quite a few well known companies.
After the new millennium, Darren expanded his business and it grew from strength to strength:
- In 2001, the e-learning division was established with Investec as one of the first clients.
- In 2003, the training division expanded to include lecture-based training that has expanded its operations today to require an entire campus at Kyalami.
- In 2004, the website marketing division was launched with the goal of promoting website through web marketing, search engine optimisation and PageRank augmentation.
- In 2005, the development of the Gauteng Search Engine and Tourism portal started that today receives and delivers over 100 000 pages per month and generated a huge amount of income for tourism.
- In 2005, a small design company, Leading Edge, was purchased and amalgamated into Intoweb.
- In 2006, a multi-million rand deal with the South African Football Society (SAFA) was undertaken and successfully company-wide system to manage internal processes was implemented.
- In 2007, the Intranet Division of Intoweb was established to provide intranet modules for Human Resources, skills development, assessment, etc.
- In 2009, Intoweb added financial modules to their intranet, allowing for procurement, supplier management, budgeting.
- In 2011, Intoweb developed Appraisal HR modules, in conjunction with Bizmod, a HR specialist company.
- In 2012, Darren managed the development of Educational products to manage colleges.
- In 2013, Darren managed the development of an extremely complex Process Flow Management system for Raizcorp, now part of our process worksflow offerrings.
- In 2014, Darren managed the revamping of the Intoweb framework, allowing for MOBI, templating, and advanced layouts in dashboards.
- In 2015, the HR products were enhanced in a big way, allowing for complex employee management for training needs and personal development plans
Darren has over fifteen years experience in running a successful IT company in a volatile industry. His skills in leadership and mentoring staff follows a holistic approach as he strives to deliver high quality services to his clients. He has experience in dealing with and understanding a wide range of clients and translating their needs into reality. His ability to foster client relationships ensures that all parties leave the table satisfied.
Some of the well know companies Darren has worked with are: Investec Bank, Porsche, Ernst and Young, SASSETA, SABS, SAB, SAA, SAFA, Momentum, RAU, WITS, National Bank of Rwanda, Softline VIP, Cadac and Top CD.