08:20 OPENING REMARKS
08:30 TRANSFORMING INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Many organizations have moved employee communications to the web. But, in most cases, the communications model remains centralized, sponsored and delivered from headquarters. Few organizations have taken full advantage of the collaborative power of the web in employee communications. This session will look at how innovative communicators are championing a dynamic transformation of employee communications.
- Implementing employee communities
- Facilitating multidirectional communications
- Building stronger employee engagement
- Encouraging feedback and online dialogues around major corporate issues
WEB 2.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR CORPORATE INTRANETS
Forward-thinking internal communicators are realizing the opportunities presented by emerging Web 2.0 platforms to facilitate engagement, collaboration and trust across the organization. This session will look at how to use Web 2.0 applications to make your intranet more dynamic and socially interactive.
- How to start experimenting with social media in your existing intranet
- How the integration of social media technologies can assist an organization in reaching its internal communications objectives
- Making your intranet more fluid: how to foster community and engagement
- Design and measurement strategies
10:00-10:15 MID MORNING BREAK
10:15 THE ROLE OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATION IN CRISIS SITUATIONS
Internal audiences are often overlooked during a crisis; however, effectively communicating to these stakeholders during a crisis
- Ensuring the messages reach the employees and major vendors
- Developing policies and procedures for coordination of internal and external communications
- Determining who will be in charge of communicating and distributing information internally
- Monitoring the coverage of the situation internally and correcting misinformation before it gets out of hand
MANAGING GOALS, EXPECTATIONS, AND CONTENT
The main purpose of formal internal corporate communications is to inform employees of the direction and performance of the organization to which they belong. This session will provide you with guidelines on how to design your intranet as a strategic business tool, rather than just a way to disseminate communication.
- Defining a communication strategy based on employee insights
- Best practices related to keeping the intranet current, relevant and meaningful to employees
- Ways in which you can empower employees to engage with the brand and become advocates
12:30-13:30 NETWORKING LUNCH
13:30 EFFECTIVELY MEASURE THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL COMMUNICATION USING QUANTIFIABLE METRICS
All the investment that goes into your internal communication strategies need to be well accounted for. Establish its value to the entire organization through measures of success and ROI. Through these measures you can identify tools within the organization that generates the best results in your Internal Communication efforts.
- Assess the impact of your current internal communication efforts
- Evaluate internal communication initiatives through qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Utilize practical techniques to monitor and assess the success of an ongoing communication strategy during implementation
- Perform regular internal communication audits
- Align your measures with other organizational measures of performance
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AT THE EXECUTIVE TABLE
- Identifying issues that obstruct internal communication from receiving the attention and resources it needs
- Learning from best practice methods on how to promote internal communications as a vital business tool.
- Educating top-level executives on importance of including internal communications in important business decisions and strategies.
- Getting your internal communications plan on your bosses agenda
15:00-15:15 AFTERNOON TEA BREAK
15:15-15:45 HOW TO CREATE AND IMPLEMENT AN EFFECTIVE INTERNAL COMMUNICATION STRATEGY IN A HUGE ORGANIZATON
- Understanding the current culture and context of your public-sector/private organization
- Develop measurable goals and objectives
- Using the most effective communication channels and media for your audiences from blogs to print
- Measuring communication results and tying them to organizations objectives
- Develop communication competence within your team and organization
15:45 CLOSSING REMARKS & END OF DAY TWO